Happy Christmas to you all.
We hope you have a lovely Christmas break.
Our learning through the year
- Countries around the World - (Pizza express, Harvest boxes October, Carol singing at Pollards House December )
- Tudors - (Hampton Court)
- The Rainforest
- Stone Age (Butser farm?
Overview of this term
Maths: multiplication and division, statistics, measurement
English: letters from a king, Poems to perform, leaflets, balanced arguments
Science: Forces - push and pulls, magnets
Art: Self portraits
Design and Technology - packaging for an egg.
Topic - History - Tudors.
French: months, days and numbers to 30
Monday- Mr Bowen: RE
Tuesday- Mr Bowen : Topic , computing.
Wednesday- Mr Bowen: swimming
Thursday Mrs Wilson: Art, French
Friday Mrs Wilson: Science
*Maths, English, handwriting focus daily
As a school we're focusing on home learning. This lets students apply their learning in new contexts. Each week, Y3 will be asked to participate in home learning activities. These will include:
In the Spring term we would like the children to complete a project ton the Tudors - more details to follow in the new year!
- Mathletics. These activities work alongside the maths topics taught during the current unit. They are set each week on a Wednesday.
- Also ensure your child is completing their daily practice in their Basic Facts book. This needs to be brought into school everyday as we mark it together in class.
- Times table practice.
- please practice telling the time with your child at home, on an analogue clock, digital or one with Roman numerals.
- We will give the children a times table sheet and they will be tested weekly on their tables. You child will be tested in the following order 1's, 2's 5's 10's 3's 4's 8's thank you for your support.
- Daily reading and discussion
- Spelling, punctuation and grammar - encourage your child to identify SPaG elements in their reading book. They all have their own copy of the SPaG booklet to help them.
- Spellings - we learn groups of spellings which follow rules which can be applied to other words and also be used in pieces of writing.
- We will be looking at creating animations using Scratch. This is a great book by Usborne to use at home.