We are focusing on reading in class. If anyone has any spare time to help hear readers please let us know. Many thanks
Thank you for all the hot air balloons they look amazing.
Thank you for all your help with the harvest boxes the residents were thrilled and enjoyed seeing the children and receiving their boxes.
Our learning through the year
- Countries around the World - (Harvest boxes 19th October, Carol singing at Pollards House 14th December )
- Tudors - (Hampton Court)
- The Rainforest
- Stone Age
Our topic this term is around the world
Overview of this half term
Maths: Place value, addition and subtraction, multiplication and division.
English: Stories from around the world, poems from around the world, adventure stories based on Anthony Browne, persuasive advert for a country, Instructional writing.
Science: Animals including humans
PE: Real PE, and gymnastics
Art: artists from around the world
Design Technology - food from around the world - pizza
Geography: Countries around the world.
French: Numbers 1-20, Colours classroom instructions.
RE: Hinduism, Belonging - Diwali
PSHE: Celebrating Difference, School Values, Teamwork
Computing: Animations using Scratch, e-safety
Monday- Mr Bowen: PE (Hall)
Tuesday- Mr Bowen : Topic , computing.
Wednesday- Mr Bowen: Music (Mr Noble) PE (outside)
Thursday Mrs Wilson: Art, RE, French
Friday Mrs Wilson: Science
*Maths, English, handwriting focus daily
As a school we're focusing on home learning. This lets students apply their learning in new contexts. Each week, Y3 will be asked to participate in home learning activities. These will include:
- Mathletics. These activities work alongside the maths topics taught during the current unit. They are set each week on a Wednesday.
- Also ensure your child is completing their daily practice in their Basic Facts book. This needs to be brought into school everyday as we mark it together in class.
- Times table practice.
We have given the children a times table sheet and they will be tested weekly on their tables. This may be changed as there is possibly a whole school initiative starting later in the year but until then, year 3 will be doing this. You child will be tested in the following order 1's, 2's 5's 10's 3's 4's 8's thank you for your support.
- Daily reading and discussion
- Spelling, punctuation and grammar - encourage your child to identify SPaG elements in their reading book. They all have their own copy of the SPaG booklet to help them.
- Spellings - we learn groups of spellings which follow rules which can be applied to other words and also be used in pieces of writing.
We are looking at the artist Giuseppe Arcimboldo and we are hoping to do an autumn portrait in his style. Please could the children collect autumn things to stick onto our portraits. leaves of different colours shapes and sizes, seeds, dried flowers, dried fruit etc. For Thursdays art lesson (12th October).
A useful Maths Practice Book which follows the Year 3 curriculum objectives.
We will be looking at creating animations using Scratch. This is a great book by Usborne to use at home.